kids

kids

Friday, February 5, 2010

SHOW US YOUR LIFE-Beauty Tips & Favorite Products...

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner
Okay so I can't believe that I 1) have time to actually blog about something other than my children and that 2) I feel like I can offer up beauty tips! Even as I write this I'm lounging around in yoga pants and a dri-fit workout shirt with minimal make up on and a messy ponytail!

Okay, so beauty tips:

I usually never go out of the house without a ponytail holder, a shimmery lip gloss and studs in. When I don't have on make up I rely on a cute ball cap to shield myself (or others, rather!) from looking kind of rough!

That's all I have for "beauty tips", I mean I am not fit to be advising on that subject! In fact, I mostly consult my hair dresser sister of fashion forward friends for advice.


Products. Once I find something I like I typically stick with it out of habit...


1. Bare Escentuals eye color in "2000" is so easy to brush on eyelids for just a tiny bit of shimmery color, or you can put it on top of any other color to give it some pop. I'm a fan of the just showered, easy, minimalist make up approach so this is magical for me :)

I LOVE this lotion year round....because it's shimmery (hm, that seems to be a trend with my products!) and it smells yummy. It just reminds me of summer all year round, love it. Olay Body Lotion-Active Hydration.


This stuff is a must for curly hair. Redken has a million products for curly hair, but this is my fav. If you have only wavy hair, it'll give you just enough moisture and control to make it look like you actually have really curly hair. I just like that it goes on smooth and I can use it if I air dry or blow dry my hair. I usually use it as a base and put other "curly hair" products on top of this, but it's great alone too.





This has been MY BEST FRIEND since the day I gave birth to my first child. From those middle of the night feedings to the super long no-nap, no-break, going a million miles an hour days, this
glorious product makes that dark under eye area go BYE BYE! If it weren't for choosing the perfect shade for each individual woman's skin-tone, I would totally put this in every girl's baby shower gift...for those lovely under eye circles that will undoubtedly appear. Because, let's face it girls, no matter how much you love that baby-you're gonna be DEAD TIRED and you're going to have that feeling of thumbs being pressed into your eyes (go ahead, try it-press your thumbs into your eyes and then open them...I won't look. Isn't that what it feels like to be tired with a new baby????) perpetually for those first few months (or in Marlo's case, she STILL isn't sleeping through the night consistently!) Anyway, this has been with me since I became a mother and I highly recommend it!




This is a new find. I love getting ready for bed with this stuff lately.

And finally, the BEST and most IMPORTANT beauty tip. Inside and outside this is BY FAR the best product to use for internal and external health and beauty. Period. Drink up!

No comments: