Some how, some way Mia has gone and turned ONE! What in the world??
Here is the big (pantsless!) girl, with Nana
A little gift opening…
“Hmm, what’s in here…”
I made Mia’s birthday cake (and brownie) and was hoping she would enjoy her first taste of sweets!
The rings were actually from the Kroger bakery (they let me have them for free so I could add some flair for the bigger kids)!
The Buddha nickname is sticking around for good I think!
Here come’s the cake…
Just watch the progression…
(I think the swig of milk made it extra yummy!)
What’s a party without a clown or two?!
Mia is extremely interested in all of the Christmas decorations-The Nutcracker is her boyfriend, and the tree (or rather the “treeeeeeeeee” as she says) is her favorite. Daddy and Mia explore all of the talking/singing ornaments every single day, she knows exactly which ones have buttons to push. We’ve busted about 5 or 6 glass ornaments this year (WHY do we even have them on the tree????) and none have been caused by her, surprisingly!
The mom’s group that I’ve been in for about 5 years hosted our annual Breakfast with Santa at Hyde Park CC, and the kids had a blast. A story, singing, crafts, eating and of course a visit by S.C.!
(The kids sang Jingle Bells until Santa appeared, it was precious!) Do you spy T & M-Lo in there?
Cinnamon Rolls…
Muffins…
iPhones…
Drooly Buddhas!
We were gifted a Gingerbread House, and the kids had a blast decorating it together (which, thankfully, involved no fighting!).
Good thing I didn’t catch any good expressions from Ty or anything…
Mia watched on (mostly content) from her cage pack and play…
Well, until the back arching starts…that means “I’m DONE!”
I have been SO excited to finally bring back the Annual Family Cookie Bake. If you remember, we did our very first one in 2010 (Scout had just been born and I was not yet pregnant with Mia…and YES, that is exactly how my brain works and places things in time…by the birth and gestation of children!) In 2011, Mia had just been born and I don’t think my brain and body were yet in full function so we had to skip last year.
However, this year…we were ready to PARTY! I started a new little Apron Contest this year and Brian did not disappoint. He took home FIRST prize! Go ahead…zoom in on this pic and check out the flair, I know you want to!
GG took home runner-up in the Apron Contest (Irish Blessing apron), BUT she gets GOLD for setting up her Cake Pop station!
Look at these professional Cake Pops!
Alex and Carmen got right down to business with a Healthy-ish Buckeye type creation!
(Erhmagerd Pherter Berm)
Extra credit to whoever understands that!
A little cookie mischief! (I guess I got photographic proof of just exactly who messed with Brian’s “balls”). Sorry for that inside joke!
Here’s a genius idea: Place a large round tray of colorful, edible, miniature, perfect toddler-shaped tiny squares right at eye level of any child running through the kitchen! Go for it Scout!
Sorry Alex, you can’t win an Apron Contest with your apron on backwards!
Lunch Break!
Kiddie Table, love it. Love them!
Pretty much the only veggie that made an appearance at the Cookie Bake-Mia’s peas!
A little after lunch rest with some Mickey Mouse Christmas Carol.
Back to work…baking, decorating, goofing!
(Perp!)
Carmen and Alex having a great time!
Some lunch, some cookies…
Aunt Sandy and Tommy
Group Shot! What a great time, thanks everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment