kids

kids

Sunday, August 16, 2009

What have those Regan kids been up to?

I swear it feels like as soon as summer starts (it's about June-ish), you blink your eyes a time or two and it's the end of August and back to school time! What is that phenomenon and just how is it that kids make it exponentially quicker??? As the following pictures will attest to, we've been having plenty of good times-sometimes out and about and sometimes just sitting on the living room floor. And so I guess THAT'S where all those hot, humid, sun-filled days of summer go. And it's OUR job to catch those moments on film so we can remember them forever and ever and ever (and share them with YOU on this blog too, of course!)...
Oh, summer, you're whittling away...but when the seasons do start to turn the page and the leaves start to trickle to the ground in clumps of yellow, orange and tan we'll say "hello fall" and welcome that too. We will thank God every day for all he has given us-our precious children, the seasons, family, friends, and the capacity in our hearts to love and enjoy every single minute-even if they do speed by!
(Now, before I start sounding like a Hallmark card....let's get the pictures going!)
(Or, as I say to Tom...."Paging Mr. Doodis...Paging Mr. Less Doodis"!)





"Hey ya'll, like my hat??"





Ty and his best buddy, Trent, goofing around with pretzel sticks at lunch. Ah, the things that keep their attention...

It's been like this since day one with these guys, what one does, the other does!



Poor Ty, had a pretty yucky cold (which ended in an ear infection) and I was very lenient in what he ate just because I was happy to see him eating anything! These popsicles were a hit, and he has such a funny way of eating them that I couldn't help but get a picture of it. He just sticks his tongue out and touches it lightly to the popsicle, which slowly and eventually melts into a little concave area, so cute. I had to remind him to turn it around or else he was going to end up with a lap-ful of popsicle! Just look at those eyes :(




And look at this little stink bug, she's all about sitting up lately...with that trusty boppy behind her of course for comfort and safety!




Leanin' a bit...cause that's how she do it.











Isn't she the cutest? Come on, I can't hear you! If you don't agree, I'll paddle your bottom!








How about this little dude? Precious, no? (and up to some shenanigans, I'm sure.....ohh, wait for it...)


wait....wait...













And there it is...the classic "I kick my head, Mommy!" trick of Ty's!



Make that a double!




We recently started Marlo on solids-and these are the moments leading up to that first bite...
Unsuspecting happiness...


Ty giving her the low-down...



And her initial reaction...






Is that your final answer Marlo?





One weeknight we decided to visit Ault Park's music in the park night...and here's Ty heading up the (millions of) stairs to get closer to the band...and a free treat!...




Free ice cream! Ty took charge and ate every last drip with his trusty wooden spoon, ALL BY HIMSELF!





The inevitable clean-up...




This is actually how Ty does a push-up, but when he does it in the grass at the park with funky music jiving in the background, it just looks like he's having a jolly good, childish time!




Oh, the hill...

The HILL.

Ty soldiered right up this monster and then we can only guess that he got to the top and treated it like a slide...because he proceeded to "slide" down it on his hiney.


Allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way down.
And if you look very closely in this picture you can see his snail-like trail he left allllllllll the way down this hill. And if you look very very very closely you can see my tears dripping down the camera lens because I'm trying to calculate just how many hours I will have to spend with stain treatment on the grass stains on his hiney.



And he finished off the hill in a trot, which surprisingly didn't end in a tumble!








And here's a couple of videographic snacks for your viewing pleasure...





Things to take note of in this video...

1. Marlo eerily saying "hi" to Tommy.

2. Ty's incessant and pitiful-sounding hacking in the background.

3. Marlo's wild and wacky moves in the exersaucer, which obviously do not hurt or bother her...the first time she did this I was waiting for the wailing because I thought for sure she was bashing her head...


No comments: