kids

kids

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Holidays were Happy :)

Hello everyone and Happy New Year! Wow, it was a whirlwind for us here and we have way more toys in our house than we thought our playroom could hold! We were able to celebrate with family and friends and we're ready to start 2010! Enjoy this (rather long!) latest blog update!




Someone got her 2 front teeth for Christmas!



Ty and his friend Zach writing letters to Scuba Santa at the Aquarium.




Breakfast with Santa was a blast this year. Ty decorated his cookie with what seemed like several pounds of icing and candies, and this was his fake smile he offered me before I would let him take a bite of candy!





Standing in line to talk with Santa, Marlo seemed a little timid huh? NOT! She was all grins for Mr. Claus :)





But this year, however, was all about starting the magic of Santa for Ty. He really started understanding the concept this year, so when we went up to meet him at Breakfast I reminded him that he had to speak loudly so Santa could hear him...






Oh boy, did he speak loud! He yelled at Santa, "I WANT A SPIDERMAN PANTS!"






The best we could do :)





We had another fun outing to the Cincinnati Museum Center where Ty was able to ride his favorite, the train! (The week after Christmas we had ANOTHER trip there with GG & Grandpa, but more to come on that later!)






Marlo is perpetually happy in the sling :) And it leaves Mama hands free to chase Mr. Crazy Ty Guy around :)






(Note: Kristin, it was shortly after this that I realized I am supposed to put the shoulder support down THANKS TO YOU-AHHHHHH!)










Actually, what he found most interesting in the train displays was the mini cars parked around the trains...







With all of the festive lights and Christmas Trees, I thought it'd be a perfect Big Bro/Little Sis picture...






Well, isn't that sibling love!?



Aw, that's better...







The tree went up shortly after Thanksgiving in our home and it was a chore to keep Marlo away from it, but she was in love with the colorful "balls"/ornaments and lights. She is also busy lately pulling up on the furniture or whatever else is in her path and cruising along.







Ty has also discovered that he likes to use our camera to "take pictures", but he thinks he's supposed to look at the lens :)


We took another little trip to the Cincinnati Fire Museum with the Maxams. What started as a very cheap outing (it's only a few dollars to get into museum), turned very ugly as we both got $35 parking tickets for expiring our meters (by like 2 minutes!!!!) Anyway, the boys had a great time running around all over the museum-we pretty much had it to ourselves. Here they are pumping some water to put out a "fire" :)



Doing a little pose on the fire house staircase.


Ty is in control-LOOK OUT!




Yeah, he can ALMOST reach the pedals!




We kicked off our Christmas decorating with the construction of a Gingerbread House...


Ty IS the CANDY EXPERT!




Look at that assortment of candy. He was restraining himself very well from not eating it all, especially the gumdrops, his favorite :)


Look at that icing job! Ty was very proud of his craftsmanship! (and of course asked to eat it every single day!)


On a playdate one day before Christmas Ty and his best friend Trent decided to REALLY make the Crazy Room CRAZY! GG and Grandpa gave us a stack of leftover packing paper and Ty and Trent put it to good use...(Oh, how I wish this was a video instead of a picture!)






More culinary shenanigans in the kitchen! Making Christmas Sugar Cookies :) One day Marlo was taking a late morning nap, so I took advantage of the one on one time with Mr. Ty Guy and we made some festive little cutout sugar cookies, which he generously painted/decorated!

He loves his trusty rolling pin...





And look who's closely underfoot...waiting for some dough crumbs possibly??? I tell you what, this dog has mastered the art of occupying the same 10 square feet as whoever is busy in the kitchen!!! If he's not following one of us around begging to be fed, he's glued to the bottom of Marlo's highchair, where he might score an errant biter biscuit or puff!


This is the best combination of activities for Ty: cooking and artwork, he was LOVING every minute of it!



Look at those festive colors!


Look who else is a big help in the kitchen! Her burgeoning skills of crawling, pulling up and crusing have taken her exploratory adventures to new heights...it has also led to some pinched fingers!


Nana and Aunt Alex babysat the kids while Mommy and Daddy went to a Christmas Party in the neighborhood. What a fun night that was...I was so worried Marlo would not go to bed for them. How wrong I was! Marlo went down without a fuss at 9PM (and stayed asleep till 3 or 4!) and Ty was wide awake and jolly as ever at 10:30PM when we got home...ha ha!




The Krohn Conservatory was a fun little outing we got to do a few days before Christmas. Ty was very patient and indulged my desire to have a cutesy little picture of him in front of the poinsettias :)

I had about 2.8 seconds to snap a shot of the two of them. Marlo wanted to craw INto the poinsettias and Ty just wanted to run amok. They were both looking at the camera so I was happy with the photograph!



I have no clue what I'm doing, but I like playing around with the photos in Picasa. (This was also about 1 second before Marlo ate a dead leaf!) Tossing a penny or two (okay, like 2 bucks worth of change!) into the fountain!


Cheeeeeeeese!





Christmas Eve celebration with the Versoza side of the family. We celebrated Christmas and Mops' 75th birthday!!! Here's Ty tickling the ivories with Aunt Ann. She was encouraging his classical piano playing skills with highly technical playing, harmonious melodies and a serious demeanor (ha ha ha ha NOT!). I think at one point they were playing with their foreheads and forearms :)

Here they are in action...



Nana and Marlo snuggling...


And Marlo getting in on the musical fun...(Nice jazz hands Ann!)




Later on that evening it was on to GG and Grandpa's (new!) house for The Regan Family Celebration...



"Hey Uncle Mikey, thanks for Candyland! By the way, your shirt looks a little bit like Steve!"




Marlo loving on Uncle Brian :)



All is right in the world now, Ty has JEEEEEEEEEEEEEPS!!!!! Four of them to be exact, "two with tops and two with no tops" as he will very quickly point out! All other gifts were cast aside when these came out! Thanks GG and Grandpa :)



Speedily, Grandpa is helping him to unwrap his new favorite toys!




Marlo and Ty getting equally excited over another big gift. There was definitely a lot of excitement that night sourcing from just the boxes (mostly on Marlo and Gunnar's part!)


I can foresee a new saying, "Who's girl are you, Marlo?" "Grandpa's!"


Uncle Mike deciding to use Sarah's new baking pans (two perfectly conical shaped pans) for an "alternate" use. I will wash them before I bake with them, promise :)





Perhaps the highlight of Ty's activities that night (he's STILL talking about it!)-putting together new toys with Uncle Mike's new screwdrivers.




Adorable (cousin) Gunnar busied himself with tearing into various gifts, boy did he have a good time!




Marlo and Ty got a Sin n Spin, but of course I had to "try it out" first. Ty was not in agreement with that test drive! Boy have they changed since I was little! Now they play club music and are just more sleek! This continues to be one of their favorite toys, taking rides on it daily. Though I should point out that Marlo actually uses it as a Stand n Spin!




Ahhh, Christmas Morning at our Home :) We just loved our tree this year, we picked one of the largest on the lot, and we (I mean Santa) sure did fill underneath its girth with TONS of gifts!


I took this photo before everyone else was up and before the mayhem began!





As I was busy tinkering around in the kitchen before the kids got up, I turn the corner to Tommy saying, "Beep Beep, coming through". He said Marlo asked to take Ty's new scooter for a spin before he woke up! Look how perfectly she fits in there! Now if only it'd warm up for just a freaky warm Winter day, we could venture outside for Ty to try it out for real (or maybe in GG and Grandpa's new basement!)




Marlo was very excited for all the "BALLS"! She has plenty of those little balls and a ballpit to romp around in.





Santa did not forget that Ty needs his very own umbrella...



And, finally....the most coveted gift Ty requested from Santa...


Just look at that happiness, he already knows what it is of course! (Yes, I did wrap a BROOM!)



And he started putting it to good use immediately! Tommy and I cleaned up little pieces of paper ALL morning long!






Ohh, there's that wonderful new ballpit, which had to be blown up! Thanks for all the air, Daddy! I think Santa should have brought an air pump to go along with it!



Oh boy! Ty's first racetrack...


The play kitchen now finally has some good, fake food to go in it. Ty was trying out the bacon...

And he can make you all kinds of fun concoctions too-peanut butter sandwich with butter on it, a hot dog with onion rings, toast with bologna and cheese, hamburger with jelly...well, you get my drift...



During all the chaos and precipitation of wrapping paper, we looked over and saw the sad countenance on our furry friend, Banksy. He was longing for the days of yore when he had a meaty bone in his stocking and that was it for the morning...



So, Ty cheered him up by making him a hot dog in a bun to snack on, but as he walked away he reminded Banks, "Just PRETEND Banks!"



Marlo hard at work in her new ballpit :)




Finally, Christmas Day we hosted the Holterman Family Gathering here at our home. I do believe I cooked for 48 straight hours. Let's see if I can remember the spread: ham, turkey, Butterbit Rolls from Graeter's (of course!), dressing, creamy mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese (is that a weird accompaniment to Christmas Dinner?), sweet potato casserole (Ty's fav!), corn pudding (thanks Aunt Connie/Uncle Dale!). And for dessert: White Chocolate Candy Cane Cheesecake, Pumpkin Cake (for my dad!), and an assortment of insanely delicious chocolate goodies (Thanks Aunt Bobbie!)...Whew, I'm full just thinking about all of it again!



Marlo and Daddy snuggling with her new buddy, Snoopy :)



Here's Ty offering up some more of his yummy food items. He has cooked up some cheesy bread (I think???) for Aunt Mary...


Family photo op! Ty's crazy smile and my gum-chewing aside, it's an okay photo huh?!



No Christmas is complete without a SNUGGIE!!!! The Holterman Gift Exchange got wild with Aunt Bobbie getting a snuggie! She modeled it for everyone...


Whewwww...with all the Christmas events over we cleaned up and snuggled into pjs late. You'd think with all the busy-ness the kids would tucker out. Well, Ty was quickly tucked in and drifted off, but Marlo had other plans...




This was at 10:30 PM!!!! She crawled right into the playroom, stood right up on the Sit(Stand) n Spin, and hit the music button. She was having a party!


1 comment:

Kristin Culpepper said...

Love it! All the pics were So much fun to browse through. My real question...how do you find the time to type all those wonderful captions?