Yes, this is our DAUGHTER! Girly girl and diva to the max, but equally just as much a TOM BOY :)
Do you think they love each other?
Art time :) She is very proud of this smock (which Ty also wore when he was a little one!)
Marlo also enjoys doing some “work” at the desk too…
One day last week, we had several people at our house working. Some landscapers doing outside work, handyman doing inside stuff, and also some window guys installing some new windows. Right before the kids’ naptime (and right after the men left), I went to take Marlo upstairs and as I walked past Tommy’s office and little bird was flying around. RIGHT INSIDE THE OFFICE! I freaked, and it’s a good thing I freaked because it made me close the office door. Kept that little crapper contained in one small area, instead of flitting about in my foyer or worse, upstairs! Eeek. So I went about my usual naptime routine, getting them settled and asleep. I left Tweety in the office banging into windows, trying his darnedest to get out. I didn’t know what else to do, so as any girl in distress does she texts her hubby, her father in law, and anyone else who would offer up some advice! I even Facebooked my dilemma!
So when I realized no Mr. Savetheday was going to show up I mustered up the courage to just go outside and unhook windows/screens so it could fly out. And when I went to step out on the front porch, look what greeted me….
That picture grosses me out every single time I look at it. (Shudder)
Needless to say, I refused to go out there, but I did furiously start calling my handyman back to get him back out there to save me from the scads of bird poo being deposited on Tommy’s work papers and computer, etc! He came back, and in less than a minute he had Tweety out and reunited with his family, deep sigh of relief. And for the next 15 minutes me and a can of Clorox wipes restored the office to pre-frightened-bird condition.
With this one little picture I will proclaim something I’ve been waiting a billion years to say: TY IS POTTY TRAINED! Well, potty trained-ish.
I decided to have Thursday and Friday of last week be POTTY TRAINING BOOT CAMP. And, I’m still floored, because it worked. It just clicked for him. Thank you God.
This little dish of mini chocolate chips was the only “reward” I had in the house to give him for each, ahem, pee pee in the potty. As part of the boot camp rules, I did NOT go anywhere, and that included to the store. I didn’t have a single M&M or jelly bean handy, so he had to settle for a 1/2tsp. of mini chocolate chips for each success, ha.
In case you didn’t know, we are actually taking part in a new contest “See How Many Fall Festivals/Pumpkin Patches You Can Go To”. We’ve been to 3 so far, and have at least 2 more planned…
Saturday we went to Burger Farm in the morning, came home for naps, then went to Coney Island for their Fall Celebration! The camera had the audacity to lose battery power at Burger, so I only have a few pictures from there….
Miss Marlo getting lost in the maze :)
The kids reeeeeeeeeally wanted to ride the ponies (AKA, Bullseye).
No hands for Jessie Marlo.
(I just put this picture in here to show you how photogenic I am, how awesome I am.)
Would it be wrong to get a poster sized image of this made and hang it up above a fireplace???
No comments:
Post a Comment