kids

kids

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Comfy Sunflowers

Well, Fall is here (and it’s without a doubt my favorite time of year, I love back to school, seeing school busses again, pumpkins and gourds, mums, and that new air blowing in…mmm) and we have a preschooler on our hands :)

Would you just look at that big smile! 

October 2010 008 October 2010 009

Little Sister had to get in there too!  This new preschool schedule and routine is turning out to be an adjustment for her as well.  She gets some one on one time with Mommy while Ty Guy is away (just the other day we went to the Zoo, just gals, so much fun!)

October 2010 011

I got about 8 seconds to take pictures, and then off they ran (into puddles and mucky mulch!)

 October 2010 012

I love hearing how different children pronounce “cubby”.

Here is Ty and his “cuvvy” (which he later decorated and now is VERY adorned with letters!)

October 2010 017

I just had to share this picture, one night this week as I was cleaning up from dinner, each child went to their spot and started working on “homework”.  Ty had his Handy Manny coloring book, and Marlo was just doing what toddlers do best (losing marker lids of course! and doodling!).  I finally found an antique school desk (that I’ve been searching for forever) and maybe I’ve found a home for it in our kitchen area (what do you think????)  It could also use some TLC and I have no idea how to spruce it up???? 

 October 2010 023 October 2010 025 October 2010 027

Like I said, Fall is absolutely my favorite time of year, and we kicked off the season by heading to (the same Farm where we picked strawberries) Blooms and Berries Farm.  This weekend is their first weekend to be open for all the typical “pumpkin patch” activities (hay rides, corn mazes, etc.)  We met our dear and close friends the Maxams and had a blast, with the farm nearly to ourselves! 

(Check out Ty’s new look, his smile seems to be broken, ever since picture day at school!  Gee, can’t wait to get those prints! ha ha ha!)

October 2010 029 October 2010 030

Bless her little Toy-Story-Lovin’ heart, she wanted to lift these pumpkins up every chance she got!

October 2010 031 October 2010 032  October 2010 078

October 2010 079 October 2010 080 October 2010 033October 2010 081 October 2010 082 October 2010 083 October 2010 084

Some other interesting finds on our outing:

Gosh, this picture looks so odd if I let it stand on its own with no caption, ha!

We can only guess that they were still in the middle of decorating this outhouse…but I can’t help it, the more I look at it, the more I keep thinking, “ewwwwww”.

October 2010 034

This was one of the 40 bazillion caterpillars we saw (and I think each one was a different color).

October 2010 036

and this was a caterpillar or a grasshopper (Marlo and Eli were busy finding rocks at this point I think!)

October 2010 039

The big open expanse of the field was just so thrilling for the kids and (somewhat) freeing for us mommies, knowing that we could just let them go and be wild as they pleased. 

There go Eli and Marlo, chasing after the two older boys…

October 2010 051October 2010 041 October 2010 042

My beautiful Sunflowers :)

October 2010 043 October 2010 044 October 2010 046October 2010 045 

Such a cool sight: situated about smack dab in the middle of the field, you look one way and all of the flowers are facing you, and turn the other way and they’re facing the other way :)  So simple, yet amazing at the same time.  They’re just doing what they’re supposed to, facing the sun :)

October 2010 047 October 2010 048

I was able to direct Ty’s attention to a rather large (and rather dead and wilted) Sunflower.  He ran his soft little palm across it and said, “Mommy it feels very comfy.”

 October 2010 049 

The sun did provide us with the most suitable weather for that day and outing, but it sure made decent photos of the children tough to snap!  The sun was constantly in their eyes!

October 2010 053 October 2010 054

Totally unprompted (really!) Ty and Marlo kept stopping for hug breaks….just warms my heart all over again seeing it in photos :)

October 2010 055  October 2010 057 October 2010 058

Going NOWHERE fast on the trikes!

October 2010 061 October 2010 062 October 2010 063  October 2010 066October 2010 065 October 2010 067 October 2010 068 October 2010 069 October 2010 070 October 2010 072 October 2010 074 October 2010 075 October 2010 077

 October 2010 079 October 2010 080 October 2010 081 October 2010 082 October 2010 083 October 2010 084

When the pumpkins got just a little too heavy to carry we opted for a wagon for transportation…

October 2010 085 October 2010 111

Right before we left we found a pretty big green house which had a hay maze inside for the kids.  It was the perfect size too, we could see them through the entire obstacle.  Did I mention it was in a GREENHOUSE and it was about 400 degrees in there! 

October 2010 091 October 2010 096 October 2010 097

Marlo got a chance to run through it on her own.  She did quite well and only required a few verbal prompts from mama!

October 2010 099

Whoops, wrong turn!

October 2010 101

And there she is, she made it out!

October 2010 103

Trying to keep those dirty little boys out of the mud puddles ha!

 October 2010 105

We definitely worked up an appetite at the farm and drove a few miles into downtown Loveland for lunch…

October 2010 109October 2010 110

We ate on the patio outside at Paxtons (yum!), and it’s just such a quaint little area situated right on the bike trail.  Amanda and I were saying how we both long to live in such a place…ahhh.  The kids were so entertained by all of the hustle and bustle (which is a term that makes me think of Christmas, ha!) of the town that we barely had to get out any distractions for them (food, toys, etc.)  Marlo was quite entertaining as well.  Any time a bus went by (which about 20 of them did!) she’d smile  and then break into “The Wheels on The Bus”, complete with hand movements.  So cute :)

October 2010 106 October 2010 107 October 2010 108   

On the adjacent street corner there was this lovely sign…

bluechip   Blue Chip Cookies….

As Amanda said, what a SWEET way to end such a fun outing!

cookies

1 comment:

Sara Thompson said...

too cute! I love pumpkin patches!!!!