kids

kids

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A trip into the fields and a Field trip

 

On a perfect Fall day we had a super fun play date with BFFs The Maxams.  (Our outings with them are few and far between now (sniff sniff) because of preschool schedules.)  We ended our time together with a mini hike at Withrow Nature Preserves. 

shawfarmetc 003 shawfarmetc 005

In every walk with nature one receives more than he seeks."  -John Muir

shawfarmetc 006 shawfarmetc 008

Trying their hardest to get some water out of there.  I don’t think it’s happenin’ boys!

shawfarmetc 012 

Those lovely green gift bags they have are their “treasure bags”, in which they could deposit their little rocks, acorns nature finds :)

shawfarmetc 010

(No, we are not potty training Marlo simultaneously!)

shawfarmetc 017

She was interested in something other than my camera!

 shawfarmetc 018 shawfarmetc 019

Such great buddies ;)  *They will love to hear this story when they’re 13, I’m sure, but when we were packing up to leave and getting tucked into carseats in the cars, the boys MAY have exchanged goodbyes that MAY have involved “I love you”….awwwwww.

shawfarmetc 020

As I mentioned in a previous post, we are on a world record chase of seeing how many Fall Festivals/Pumpkin Patches we can attend this year!  Here’s #750 (or, um, #4), Shaw Farm.  This was actually a school outing for Ty, but it was a family affair (minus Tommy, boo).

 

shawfarmetc 022

Of course they kept me busy, running from one display to the next!

shawfarmetc 023 shawfarmetc 024 shawfarmetc 025

Look at this little beauty…she was so proud to pose for this picture!

shawfarmetc 026

Peek a Boo, I see you!

shawfarmetc 027 shawfarmetc 031

shawfarmetc 028 shawfarmetc 029 

Ty was feeling a little decimated by the witch, ha ha!

shawfarmetc 033

Tick tock tick tock!

shawfarmetc 034

And Ty was SO proud of this shot!  Do you recognize these fellows?

shawfarmetc 035 

*Bonus, both are smiling AND looking into the lens!

shawfarmetc 036

A little close up ;)

shawfarmetc 049 

shawfarmetc 038shawfarmetc 037 shawfarmetc 039

He has my sense of humor, clearly :)

 shawfarmetc 043 shawfarmetc 044 shawfarmetc 047

shawfarmetc 048 

And for a little flash back...check THIS out

shawfarmetc 050

I’m sure I will have another post with a few more visits to Fall Festivals chronicled!  I know, I know, you’re on the edges of your seats in anticipation, ha!

No comments: