Whew, what a whirlwind weekend (say that five times fast!). Saturday morning started early with party preparations…
Capes, all sewn and ready to be decorated by the little super heroes
The table all set with a “Batsignal” table cloth that I crafted at the last minute…
(The table was used first for cape-making then lunch.)
More decorations throughout the house…
No, this is not a CAKE, but wow, how amazing if I had the talent to create one like this!
The book shelf in the foyer to collect the books each child brought (we played a Mr. Freeze/Dance Party game in which every child got to leave with a book-in lieu of gifts.)
Another last minute idea-using streamers to welcome the kiddos to the basement-AKA The Batcave!
We were so lucky to have some awesome helpers for the party! Alex and her friends Jackie and Molly came to assist in the games and most importantly FACE PAINTING! (Neither of my birthday BatChildren got their face painted, bummer!)
Let the Cape-Making begin…
And even sweet Scout (and Claire, not pictured, another small-ish Super Hero) even had a cape!
A little playtime in the playroom before more activities…
Best Buddies (since birth!) Ty and Trent
Cousin Gunnar in front of the Photo Op Batsignal
After cape-making it was time to head to the Batcave for some carnival-type games, Jokers Jumphouse, and the very popular FACE PAINTING!
The superheroes needed some refueling so it was time to head back up to the kitchen for lunch…
(Even the water, er, Super Hero Energy Fuel, had capes!)
Uncle Brian sporting a cape!
After lunch I was fortunate enough to get almost the entire crew to sit on the couch for story time (Batman, the book, of course!)…Every time I read the word “Batman” the kids were instructed to pump their fist and shout “YEEEAHHH!”
Mr. Freeze/Dance Party Book Exchange Game! I jacked up the dance party music on the tv and when the music stopped, I pretended to be Mr. Freeze and “froze” a child. They were the chosen one to go pick out a book to take home from the collection!
DANCE DANCE!
No party would be complete without a practical joke…I put Tommy in charge of picking out a book or two from our collection to make up for the few children who forgot a book or whatever (we wanted everyone to be able to participate!). Mikey was the lucky one who chose this book, and no joke, he was actually excited to pick this one out (*we did let him “trade” for a better choice, ha!)
Cake Time!! (Notice, the cake also says, “and Trent too”! Saturday was his actual birthday so we had to make him feel special on his day too!
BLOWWWW!
Almost the whole gang!
Gunnar, Ben, Norah, Marlo, Jon, Trent, Ty, Mikey, Rowan, David, Maggie (not pictured: Eli, Lilly, Bennett)
And this has to be the world’s worst picture, for many reasons (the mess-look at the FLOOR!!!!!!!!!!, my lack of smile or pose, etc.) but there has to be pictorial proof that I was indeed dressed as Robin!
And no Regan Blog post could be complete without a little mention of our sweet Mia…who just chilled for the entire party
Whew, now it’s time to kick back and relax (until the next party!!!! Mia’s baptism is in April!)
Now I can finally get a night of sleep without visions of batsignals and party ideas floating through my dreams, ahhhhhhh!
1 comment:
coolest. party. ever.
Post a Comment